Become a Volunteer
Performance Space Volunteer Program offers opportunities to those who are willing to develop their skills and gain vital experience with a dynamic team dedicated to the presentation and promotion of interdisciplinary arts.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Acting as Front of House staff, answering general enquiries from the public
- Managing the flow of traffic in the exhibition space
- Providing information and helping patrons interpret the works
- Opening/closing the exhibition
- Starting up/shutting down the exhibits
- Supervising and maintaining of the works
- Assisting with audience development, i.e. encouraging patrons to fill in the Audience Survey form
- Other tasks when required
Volunteer benefits include:
- Professional training and induction to Performance Space
- Afternoon tea with Performance staff and artists
- A ticket for you and a friend to a performance during our program
- Invitation to the opening event
- A letter of recommendation listing your training, tasks and duties while volunteering.
Availability of placements is dependent upon the demands from our seasonal programs. To register your interest, please email email@example.com, call (02) 8571 9111 or fill out the form below.
Volunteers will need to attend an induction which will take you through the exhibition space and further outline volunteer duties. This will be held a few days before the opening and you will be informed once the date is set.